Miss Liz Heart: Makeup Room/Beauty Room Set Up (Before)

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Makeup Room/Beauty Room Set Up (Before)

Hello Loves!

As promised on Instagram, here is my current Makeup Room set up. This is the way I originally had it before I decided to upgrade my vanity to a vanity/desk (this girl needs something big enough for makeup and work :). I will have all the links of where I purchased everything at the very end.



 As you can see my vanity (and mirror for that matter) doesn't match the white theme that I have going on so I can't wait for the new one to arrive!  Although I like this setup, I really want to have my vanity facing the rest of the room and the two white bookshelves behind me so I can start keeping most of the makeup containers on them and free up space for my laptop.  If you follow me on Instagram, you'll notice that's how I had it set up but I had to make the vanity face the wall because the back is not very attractive.


Poor babies still need a home...

This is the corner that I'm thinking of putting the new vanity in. So that white shelf will stay put and the other one will be placed on the wall that the mirrors are leaning against. 




I'm thinking of creating a gallery wall here. I already found the picture frames that I plan on using but I still need to paint them and all that fun stuff.  Maybe I'll do a DIY post :). (I created the LV and Chanel frames on the wall)

 Don't mind my rinkidink chair, it will be replaced eventually. For now it serves its' purpose - my hubby has a place to sit while I'm getting ready. I usually take a tiny bit (don't roll your eyes) longer than my husband to get ready so I ask him to come join me and if I'm lucky he'll show up with a glass of wine ;) He has also requested that I find some sort of ottoman for him to put his feet up while he waits.


Vanity Chair - Ross
Rug - Costco
Everything else was either from Home Goods, Marshall's, or Ross
Paint Color - Mindful Gray by Sherwin Williams

I will keep you guys posted on any updates! Unfortunately I don't know when I will have the new set-up :( Delivery date has been pushed back (again) because my vanity arrived damaged. Not the first time I've had to wait a lot longer than the Estimated Time of Arrival after ordering from Zgallerie. 

I would love to hear any suggestions from you guys either on the comments below or through twitter/instagram. 

xo Liz ♥

To see how I store my makeup CLICK HERE

Lets connect on:

 

16 comments:

  1. I love that you have a whole room! I really want to store my shoes in a cabinet like yours! I barely have any storage space in my bedroom, I have the teeniest little table for a vanity. I was actually just going to do a post on it now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love the shoe cabinet! I added the doors to keep the dust off and I don't think I can go back do a doorless cabinet anymore.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  2. Love the room! I clicked on the Ikea link for the Malm Vanity but they don't have it in black? Did you paint it yourself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait until I have everything the way I really want it :). They have had in black at the store itself, you might try calling your local IKEA and they can tell yo if they have it in stock.

      Delete
  3. Such a gorgeous room! I love how simple and elegant it is. :)

    classypeach.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg I feel so inspired every time I look at these photos. Your makeup room is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing! I really love your style and would love a beauty room like this one day :)

    http://luvabellcouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. New fan here! I love love your posts and photos <3 Your beauty room is in deed, pretty :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. where did u get the white mirror from

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great! Is that a vanity girl mirror?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! I have no place for it now, though. It's too big for my current set up.

      Delete
  9. Is it possible if you could show how you made them fab frames. I would love to re-create something similar for my new place

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i really liked the tall bookshelves

    ReplyDelete