Miss Liz Heart: DIY Wine & Cheese Sampling At Home

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

DIY Wine & Cheese Sampling At Home

Hi everyone! Today's post is all about cheese and wine! Throw some coffee in the mix and I'd say it's the most perfect post I've ever created, well...technically there is coffee involved. Keep reading to find out more!




 ~Bread Dip~
❤ Extra virgin olive oil
❤ Balsamic vinegar
❤ Bread dipper
❤ Grated parmesan cheese
* Mix desired amount of each and serve with warm bread (I like sourdough bread :)


~Hard Cheeses Used~
❤ Kerrygold Vintage Dubliner Product of Ireland 
❤Hennings Habanero Cheddar
❤ Sini Fulvi Rustico Black Pepper Cheese
❤ Monchego El Trigal Cheese 
❤ Sartori Bella Vitano Espresso Cheese
❤ Sartori Balsamic Cheese

Final Cheese Verdict
As I mentioned in the video, most of these cheeses I had never tried until now so I kept an eye on which ones went first and took into account my personal favorites and here are the results:

From favorite to least favorite
Sartori Bella Vitano Espresso Cheese - I ended up liking this one even more than the Balsamic one, I had rotate the parchment paper away from me to prevent hogging the entire thing...oops!
2 Sartori Balsamic Cheese This was just as yummy as I remover it and I plan on keeping this one stocked next to my costco Dubliner :D
3 Monchego El Trigal Cheese - Everyone always seems to go through the montage and fig combination the quickest. I'm making a note to buy more than one fig paste container next time...
4 Hennings Habanero Cheddar - Wow, this one was spicy! But a "I can't stop eating it" kind of spicy, I would buy again for my habanero loving guests. 
5 Kerrygold Vintage Dubliner Product of Ireland - You can't go wrong with Dubliner, it's the old reliable, ya know? 
6 Sini Fulvi Rustico Black Pepper Cheese - If I had to pick a miss, it would be this one, it was a little to 'funky' for me. We still have some left...


~Parmesan Cheddar Crips~
❤ Freshly grated cheddar cheese
❤ Freshly grated parmesan cheese
❤ Pretzel crumbs
❤ Parsley 
* Layer items and Bake at 350˚F for 8-12 minutes. Check every 3 minutes to make sure it doesn't burn.





Wine Recommendations 
My husband and I are Pinot Noir drinkers, occasionally we like a full bodied Cab. Our absolutely favorite is Belle Glos Pinot Noir. When it comes to white wines I tend to stick to Chardonnay's and my favorite is La Crema, I prefer the one from Sonoma Coast, but hey, I'll take what's is stock and come back for more later :). The 14 Hands Cab is my father in law's favorite wine so I thought I would included it, like I said, I'm a Pinot girl but if this is all there was, I wouldn't complain...

If you're looking for another good Pinot Noir at a different price point try Belle Glos's little sister Meiomi or even the Pinot Version of La Crema, Sonoma Coast  (this was my gateway wine).


I hope you enjoy the video, please don't forget to click here to subscribe to my channel so you can be notified of new videos! 



xo Liz ♥

2 comments:

  1. Love this!!! I cannot wait to host a wine and cheese tasting!! Thanks for the awesome blog and YouTube video!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love to know your top 5 cheeses, recently getting into cheeses and looking for some good ones!

    ReplyDelete